Search This Blog

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 16.

Last week, Bruce and I went for a morning walk on Monday after I dropped off Oliver at school. It's our new routine. The movement and the talking are good.

I ordered Ben Platt's solo album, Sing to Me Instead. I'm liking it more and more. Trying to connect with each song on an album is difficult, but I'm getting there. Most of the songs are soothing.

Miss K (Oliver's OT) told us that she is pregnant! She assured us that she would be back. I was so happy for her that I said, "Can I give you a hug?" So we hugged. Overwhelming happiness like that does not come to me often. And when it does, it usually flies in on mania. Not this time.

I've been singing so much lately, and Oliver has started singing too! I don't know how he remembers bits of lyrics, but it's adorable, and I'm sure it's good for him.

I've decided to start more manageable daily to-do wish lists instead of giant weekly lists.

I was brave when I agreed to pick up pizza for Oliver's classroom pre-spring-break party. I struggle with tasks like that.

I was also brave when I drove to Charlotte. Then, we went to Asheville in Mom's truck. Before I left, Oliver had leaned into my hug as though he knew. I'll write another post about the girls' trip. Spoiler: we had a great time.

I found this in my journal: I like a degree of challenge, a chance to be more myself, to change the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment