Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

What I Would Try If I Knew I Couldn't Fail.

This is an interesting question that I've seen often but that I've given little attention. I'll try to focus on it now.
  • I would sit in front of a black computer screen and let poems and stories flow out of me.
  • I would put together a poetry volume and a book of short stories--and then try to publish them both.
  • I would write a novel. 
  • I would audition for regional theatre. 
  • I'd set my annual reading goals to 100+ books.
  • I'd fix my phone.
  • I'd pare down my wardrobe perfectly for this season (as Mom calls it) in my life--not spring or summer but the present circumstances.
  • I'd get Oliver into the pre-K or preschool program here.
  • I'd fill my journals in two weeks like I used to (it takes a month or more now).
  • I'd pare down my library perfectly. 
  • I'd work on my quotation notebook--I'm so behind!
  • I'd fly a little.
  • I'd attempt any book that has intimidated me.
  • I'd get a library to care for my journals after I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment