Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Journaling Vacation.

I'd love to go on a journaling vacation, on which the primary purpose is to scribble and have experiences about which I can scribble.

A bed and breakfast maybe. I could describe all the common rooms, write down menus and book titles, and note any local animals or odd guests.

Could I stand being alone? Probably for a night or two.

Maybe I'd start something, a product, but that wouldn't be the goal. I would read by the hour too, check off a book or two.

I'd bring all my favorite pens and follow my whims in using them. Scented candles. Cozy clothes. Bubble bath. But always back to the lines, those I follow or those I make. I would capture the place. I would capture myself--understanding and expressing.

A hotel room would be fine too. I'd close the curtains and sleep as long as I wanted. I'd get cozy with my journal in the middle of a king-sized bed, books, magazines, and notebooks strewn around me. I'd bring my own provisions. I'd dive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment