Search This Blog

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Week 1 as a Bold Reader.

I've been reading Dream Work, poems by Mary Oliver (Pulitzer!) aloud, mostly when I take a bath. Reading poetry aloud helps me stay with it and helps me experience the feeling and the sound without distraction. With poetry, comprehension is only part of the experience, and I believe one can enjoy poetry even without comprehension.

Though I love the style, I'm struggling with The Broken Way by Ann Voscamp. I can barely pick up the book. This makes me question myself--who am I if I can't read a good book?

Books in general look impossible. But they're not, just like journals are not impossible to fill. I know that. So how do I turn off this fear? I don't even know what the fear is.

But I can be a bold reader. I must be. It's part of how I stay alive. It's a huge part of how I stay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment