Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 41.

I haven't been a very bold reader this past week. I didn't finish any books. But I'm still happy that I met my annual goal.

I do plan to read many books before the year ends. Bruce and I are still reading Annihilation, and I love it! We may end up reading the two other books in the trilogy.

I'm trying to continue reading one short story per day. I think a literary diet full of stories is good for me, and with a short stories, I can open new worlds in a couple of pages.

I'm continuing to read House of Light, Native Guard, and Best New Poets 2008. I still read aloud in the bathtub.

I've also gone back to 'Salem's Lot, and it's pulling me in.

I must learn to focus on reading, to devote a chunk of time (and the empty minutes) to it. To avoid distractions such as E-mail. To lose track of time in books. To dive deeply into the books that await me. To be the reader I were I were.

No comments:

Post a Comment