Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2018

The Closet of Hope.

I wrote this at the top of a page of my journal. I don't know what it means or what I was thinking about at the time. It makes me think of Francesca Lia Block's character Weetzie Bat, whose friend's grandmother had the most amazing wardrobe. All that beauty enveloped Weetzie.

I have a closet full of clothes I hope I can wear again someday. And then, I have what I call the Wardrobe of Acceptance, which is in a literal wicker wardrobe. I'm still going to try to lose significant weight, but I need something to wear in the meantime. I imagine a lot of those bigger clothes in a storage unit in Rockingham, about half way between Mom and me. Whenever one of us gains weight, we can shop the storage unit.

Alexandra Stoddard, a lifestyle writer I adore, wrote about making a collage of art postcards on the inside of a closet door.

Closets tend to get the "scary" label, but I'd much rather see them as magical. They always seem to hide something wonderful, like silver peacock heels or polka dot towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment