Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Restoration: Week 42.

This past week, my tiny book club finished another book. I think that was #15. We've read quiet a variety: nonfiction, novels, young adult short stories, science fiction...

I felt like going to Michaels's, so Josh took me there. I found a huge "Find Your Perfect Pen" display with several brands. I was thrilled to find pens I'd never seen: Uni-Ball Signo metallic. I also found the pens my boss used to buy in purple and green for the department. But these were pink and turquoise, which seemed to represent how I've changed though I'm still the same person.

We also went to Barnes together. Just being around all those books restores me.

We went to Target, and I encouraged Josh to restore his work wardrobe with a couple pairs of dress pants. I found a navy sweater with bright blue all-over sparkle--perfect for Christmas Day (and several wears before that!).

I watched a movie by myself, free streaming. on Amazon Prime. I won't say which movie--it was a bit racier than I expected.

Josh had a class in the second 8 weeks of the semester. It got cancelled--a bummer. But now...he doesn't have to go to work on Fridays! What?! Last Friday was his first one at home, which is how we've been able to run around town. I think this will restore our bond and our joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment