Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Restoration: Week 41.

This week has not been as restorative as I would have liked. I didn't finish any books, but I was reading. I think reading always restores me, perhaps especially when I read poetry aloud.

Bruce took me to see Bad Times at the El Royale, which was weird and...fun? I couldn't take it seriously.

I'm terrible about putting away my still-clean clothes. So a laundry basket has been growing beyond its borders with clothes I've laid out. Tackling the task of putting away all those clothes was beyond me. I felt something akin to fear. But this last week, I had an idea. I set my timer on my phone to 30 minutes. I worked for half an hour, and when I heard the timer, I stopped. It wasn't scary when I knew I could leave it soon. And I've been making good progress. I'm thinking about keeping that 30 minutes to address an issue in our room or just work on cleaning and organizing our room.

Long talks with Mom almost always restores me (except when something terrible has happened). We talked on the phone a lot. The subject was far from happy, but we still made each other laugh.

I've been off soda for about two weeks, and it had better contribute to weight loss and general health because I hate it. I will say, though, that it has made me a little more confident in my self-control. It seems a bit pathetic, but I've turned off one of my major sources of happiness. Still, this is an effort to restore my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment