Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 42.

This past week, Bruce and I finished Annihilation. It was strange and intriguing. We decided to read Authority, the second book in the Southern Reach Trilogy. I'm glad to be reading some science fiction.

I felt the need to be about books, so Josh took me to Barnes. He ordered a caramel macchiato for me, and he stayed with me. I saw many new journals, but none was irresistible.

But I did find a young adult version of Bella Grace (probably my favorite magazine). Those are the only magazines I buy, knowing how many magazines I already have. What is so special about magazines? For Mom's birthday, I gave her four or five magazines, which felt insufficient, but she loved it! That's a good birthday tradition. We encourage each other to read. I convinced her to join GoodReads, so each can see what the other is reading.

E-books are convenient, but we want to make sure that Oliver sees us reading and doesn't think we're just playing on our phones. I also just want to fuel my love of reading and my sense of the magic of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment