Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Restoration: Week 48.

For me, Christmas only comes one way: the three bell chimes on the first song on Aaron Neville's Soulful Christmas. I played the song the day after that Thanksgiving. And Josh made a Christmas playlist with some of his favorite bands, my Aaron Neville Christmas album, and our shared James Taylor's Christmas. I want to listen to more Christmas music and feel its soft hug and rejuvenation.

This past week, I read many tiny stories and finished the collection Bad Motel. I also read several old Christmas magazines and found more issues. The Christmas spirit soothes me and reconnects me to wonder and joy.

My current journal is one from one of favorite brands: Compendium. It's a slim but fairly large journal. The cover is soft, but the is remarkably sturdy. I looked inside the back cover--Josh gave e this journal and others like it for my 28th birthday. But it seems so recent! This journal is green and blue with a peacock quill pen.

I fell asleep in the bath for a couple of hours.

I had a meeting with Oliver's teacher and a special ed coordinator. We laughed and told silly stories about Oliver. Next year, he will be in a combined 2nd and 3rd class for children with autism. I feel pretty good about it.

I went to see the doctor, complaining of a sinus infection. The PA confirmed my self-diagnosis and put me on antibiotics. I'm feeling much better right now, restored.

I've been thinking about it for years, but a 50% off sale came along, and I bought a Life Straw. Having been without water just for a little while, I want to be prepared to drink that gross pond water!I feel partly restored every time I drink cold, clear water.

Bruce and I are still enjoying American Horror Story. Our twice-a-week show nights renew my curiosity and my love of good, complex story telling.

I got a special cover for the overflow drain in the bathtub. I've taken deeper baths, which is just lovely. Bath and poetry time is one of my most restorative daily rituals.

Josh asked if I'd lost weight. I don't know if I have, but hearing that restored a little of my confidence and hope.

I've begun wearing my new coat (which I got for half price!). It's heavy and mid-thigh length. It's lilac ice. I love having a coat that fits well and really warms me, and the color delights me.

Opportunities for restoration seem to be everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment