Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2019

My Most Inspiring Places.

Botanical gardens inspire me. I'd like to sit in one on a cool day and write. I used to do that as a child; my mom loved Cheekwood in TN. I've been to the gardens in my city two or three times. Maybe I should try going by myself.

At the Opera House in Paris, I learned that "weak-in-the-knees" was real. The place felt like one gilded and tiled masterpiece. I'd love to sit in the center of a mosaic there and write poems.

Any good library makes me want to take down coffee table books and write down my reactions to every page.

Water changes me. When I'm swimming, especially in a warm lake, my mind clears, and my body relaxes even as I tread water. I feel strong and capable as I stay afloat. But even a bath (preferably with a ring-toting bath bomb) calms me down and warms me up. Access to a hot tub would be amazing.

Our guest room changes my mood. I can feel diligent or whimsical. I have furniture I love. I write letters to my brother at my antique desk. I play with stickers in journals on my chaise. It seems quiet and somehow apart from the rest of the house.

My armchair in the living room holds me while I read or scribble.

Barnes and Noble inspires me to read wildly. Michaels nudges me to find or create beauty wherever I go.

What places inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment