Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Books Everywhere.

While I was nesting, Josh began taking photos of our books around the house. We don't have room for many bookshelves, so books deposits have formed everywhere.



We have almost no organization so far, and I doubt we will have any while we live here.


These are on my fold-up white bookshelf in the dining room. They are books we've yet to read.


Some of these are books my mom passed along; some are from used bookstores; some are books we really should have read long ago.


These are poetry books I've finished reading.


Books gather beside the cabinet that has served many purposes and currently holds nail polish, Wallflowers, hand soap, lotion, Puffs, and cat supplies.


These books, including most of my collection of memoirs and diaries, rest behind the cat bed.


A DVD shelf now holds a leaning tower of the books Josh wants to read soon. I sneak a few on there sometimes (The Good Earth, The Diary of a Young Girl, The Handmaid's Tale...).


These are our antique books, primarily schoolbooks. We both collected these...another indication that we were meant for each other.


The cabinet holds my favorite books.


The corner beside our bed and my shelf of journals holds stacks of books and journals I'm eager to read and fill.

He didn't photograph five or six book stacks (books beside the white shelf, Ken Follett books under the mirror, writing books on the AC vent, books under the side table, art books beside the recliner), the books under the coffee table, or the two bookshelves in Oliver's room (since I was working on them), but this gives an idea of the bookishness of our house and lives.

1 comment:

  1. It's cozy! I love it! I always wanted floor to ceiling bookshelves with one of those sliding ladders. Your home would also be quite comical during an earthquake, though I wouldn't be laughing during the cleanup!

    ReplyDelete