Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Mini Sequins Continue.


*A fistful of fabulous pens.

*Filling two fountain pens (one nice, one cheap) with two different ink colors, so I can alternate.

*How Josh rolls up his jeans a little.

*Putting Josh's Chucks through the washer and seeing them look almost new.

*Making mad faces at the mirror while I brush my teeth.

*Collaborating with Josh on a blog.

*Josh wearing my old pink earbuds.

*My favorite words: wish, case, ink, bottle, dream, shimmer, sparkle, powder, fairy, green, iris, violet, emerald, ruby, glass, key, bracelet, sugarplum, set, satin, wrist. Josh wrote a stunning prose poem using them here.

*Josh eating a meal I made and saying, "This is one of the best ones you've thought of."


*Trail mix: fill a small Ziplock with one part plain M&Ms and one part Reese Pieces. Shake. I invented this a couple of years ago when I was rapidly losing weight for no reason. Now, weight gain is definitely no problem, but a little trail mix does boost my mood.

*Trying to tell the difference between the M&Ms and the Reeses Pieces. The latter have duller colors and are less round, and the shells aren't sweet.

*Simply Naked Pita chips in the morning at work.

*Wearing an outfit with two favorite colors.

*My pale blue sticky note pad at work. I use it to jot down reminders of something I'd like to do or write at home.

*Josh's drawings above my desk at work, including one of David Tennant as Hamlet and some super cool creative writing club bookmarks we made together.

*Having important documents taped up at work, so I can check them quickly.

*The small red lunchbox my mom got me during one of my residencies for my masters program.

*The fact that I someone wrote my first initial and last name on that lunchbox in perfect print.

*Grading in purple, green, or pink. I only use red for plagiarism.

*An empty recycling bin under my desk at work (normally, I have to empty it myself).

*Energy to read or write a little after work.


*Lining up a week of blog posts on the weekend.

*Josh helping me get ready in the mornings by putting my shoes on me and finding the earrings I want.

*Seeing huge butterflies on campus.

*Reading in my office during the break I'll later use for pumping.

*Thinking about books I'd like for Oliver, such as a set of Roald Dahl (I've only read James and the Giant Peach).

*Student metaphors about their favorite items and how those reflect their relationships, goals, and personalities. These are much more interesting to read than the typical icebreaker forums.


*Looking forward to wearing my winter coats, sweaters, jackets, and tights.

*Keeping a heating pad in my chair at work. It helps when my back starts to hurt in the afternoon or when my office is just cold.

*A morning snack of cheese cubes and black grapes.

*Wearing something new to work, such as earrings or makeup or shoes.

*Pretty headbands that don't give me headaches.

*The surprise of pretty nail polish when I type or write.

*An undeserved but amazing friend who shares my joys and pays attention to details.

*Seeing Josh carefully and patiently cradle a sleeping baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment