Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Oliver's Room.

People could write novels and make coffee table books about this room. It's that special. Over Labor Day weekend, I finally got it cleaned up, organized, and decorated.


This is the door to our prince's room. Like much of the art, Melissa made this. The "Welcome, Little Prince" sign was next to his book cake at my second shower.


This is his closet door (though it's actually full of Josh's clothes...closet space is not generous here, so Oliver's clothes are in the drawers of my wardrobe). I got this Peter Pan print when I pre-ordered the DVD at the Disney Store. I originally envisioned a Peter Pan nursery, but I like the eclectic result.


Thanks, Cracker Barrell, for understanding the bee thing.



My uncle Ross made this for me many years ago. Note the dancing lamb.


My great-grandfather made this cuckoo clock. We don't wind it, but it looks like a treasure Peter would have in his hideout. Maybe we'll find Tink perched atop it.


 Diapers!


Seahorses!


Here are Oliver's bookshelves. The first is just his while the second is a mess of our books.


 His Tigger, giraffe, seahorse, and bears will stand guard until Oliver is big enough to cuddle them. And there's Skippito! The seahorse was the first baby item Josh and I bought, quite early. We couldn't resist him.


Young adult books (for later), Calico Critters, Oliver's guardian fairy ("There ought to be a fairy for every girl and boy." --Barrie), Beauty and the Beast, and Oliver riding his seahorse.


Seahorses, wipes, Baby Bee, diapers, and a box of coupons and manuals for baby stuff.


More books and a photo of Josh and I (holding Tink) on our DisneyWorld honeymoon.


Still more books. We'll start at the bottom and work our way up.


Twilight Turtle, all-year Christmas tree, and more Disney photos of Mama and Daddy (with Cinderella!).


Roos, Pooh, bees, and Daddy as a little guy.


Baby's first year calendar...which appropriately begins with a bee.


My aunt Melissa made this.


This was Josh's little chair.


 Our chubby bee and a massive snowflake. Oliver has plenty to peer at.


Oliver!
Melissa made this lovely Oliver portrait. Eventually, the crib will contain more than My Brest Friend.


We love you, stench-reducer.


 Davis likes the guest bed. He really believes this is his room. 


I love peeking into this room.


Why have a glider when you can read stories while sprawled on a purple, ivy-covered bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment