Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Cinnamon.

I remember when I first discovered potpourri with cinnamon sticks in a glass bowl on someone's side table.

My mom would mix cinnamon and sugar in a green cup, and she'd sprinkle the mixture on my toast. I still eat that, especially when I'm ill. Josh made me some after my first surgery (endometriosis), and that was all I could keep down.

Cinnamon makes me think of Kirkland's--decorative pillows, cinnamon pine cones, nutcrackers. I loved going there as a kid.

The scent made me feel excited and serene at once. I guess it still does.

If I see an envelope of cinnamon potpourri, I hold it to my face.

The only teas I bother with are cinnamon or cinnamon apple spice.

I use Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin shower gel as bubble bath.

I've sprinkled cinnamon on bowls of brown rice and green beans.

Cinnamon makes me feel like Christmas is coming. What some people would call an excess of cinnamon is one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

It's definitely my favorite scent (past even marshmallow, vanilla, and peppermint).

I wish more cinnamon-scented items existed. I would wear cinnamon perfume. I love cinnamon candles.

My hair has been turning rather auburn, and it reminds me of cinnamon. My mother's mother had auburn hair.

Cinnamon comforts me but also makes me want to do something, whether that's writing, reading, cuddling, or some creative pursuit.

How do special scent affect you?

No comments:

Post a Comment