Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2019

On the 9th Floor.

Thanks to my parents and steps for the wonderful getaway we thought of as a belated celebration of our 12-year wedding anniversary. Dad provided the hotel, and Mom provided two nights of childcare.

First of all, I have to note that Oliver handed it all well and only occasionally asked where Mama and Daddy were. And Josh and I did not break down either. We can all be okay for a few days.

Josh totally handled the uptown driving, the check-in, and the parking. We had a suite with a big living space. The decor was mostly hideous, but we didn't mind. We had an interesting 9th-floor view of various buildings. I can't imagine working or living so high. A giant jetted tub was in our bedroom. I got in pretty quickly. The depth was the best part.

We ordered room service, burgers for both of us--his a veggie. We sat on the ugly orange couch.

I had no desire to go anywhere. All I did was pick up ice across the hall.

On Friday morning, I got right in the bath, and Josh brought up some breakfast. I drank apple juice in the tub--bliss. Soon, we went to the (supposedly) heated pool. It was tiny and cold, and I didn't last long. I went to the hot tub, which was mild enough that Josh got in for a while.

Mom sent just a few (perfect) photos and updates. Oliver was clearly having a good time, so we were reassured.

We took various small naps, and I scribbled.

I asked Josh to go back out the Hornets' store and bring back lunch. He returned with a bag of clearance Hornets items--a late Father's Day gift. He brought teriyaki chicken. For dinner, we had room service salads.

We picked up Oliver, who didn't seem to have much of a reaction to our return. We went to a burger place to meet Dad and Michelle. We sat outside in the shade. Oliver was nervous around Buckley, their beagle. But Oliver acted pretty brave and ate chicken tenders. I'm ready to celebrate when he eats pretty much any food.

I gave Michelle a belated gifts (a fine point eyeliner brush and a Stila palette in mostly neutral shades). She seemed happy to try them. She gave me a general gift she'd kept forgetting to give me: a medium-length silver chain with a silver circle with amethyst crystals hanging down; it's my taste!

I think the trip loosened some kind of major tension in my upper body. I'm already excited about the next.


No comments:

Post a Comment