Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Favorite Pieces of Jewelry.

I have almost no "real" jewelry. I love costume jewelry, especially from Loft and Betsey Johnson. Here are some of my favorite baubles.

  • My wedding set. The white gold rings are tiny, and the tanzanite in the engagement ring is tiny. I can't wear them right now, but they wait on m dresser in a white bowl painted with violets.
  • My tanzanite princess ring. My parents gave me a lovely ring when I graduated with my MFA. It reminds me of their support of me. I used to be afraid to wear it because I might lose or damage it, but now, I just try to enjoy it when I wear it. It's better to enjoy it with the risks than for it to stay in a velvet box.
  • Art Deco star earrings. These are gold and black gold with many points and clear rhinestones. I got them on crazy sale at Banana Republic. They make me feel like a mysterious movie star. Plus, Josh loves art deco.
  • Gunmetal star cascade earrings. These are from Loft, and Josh gave them to me for Christmas. They make me feel like a celestial fairy.
  • My key necklace. When I first started teaching, I had little to wear. I decided that some jewelry might shake up my wardrobe. Mom and I were combing a sale at Banana Republic. This long necklace had silver, gold, and black gold chains with big and little skeleton keys. I need to wear it more. I love keys.
  • Betsey Johnson love necklace. Josh bought me this for an anniversary. It's gold  and short with multiple chains and so many pink and clear rhinestones. Tiny and big keys, locks, and hearts makes this a favorite. I don't always wear it because it's a statement, but I need to get over that.
  • My stars and moon necklace. I just wore this yesterday! This was on sale at Loft. It's a good length, short but not a choker (though I do love chokers too). The rhinestones sparkle.
  • Gold and purple snowflake necklace. Mom spotted this in a department store. It was far more than I would normally spend on jewelry (my necklace obsession had not really begun yet), but it was so beautiful--almost a choker with three gold snowflakes with purple rhinestones and pearls. I left the mall wearing the necklace.
I have great memories of getting and wearing my jewelry. And doesn't "costume jewelry" just sound fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment