Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2019

Last Day of 33.

Every year, right before my birthday, I think about what the year has meant, what I've accomplished, who I've become, and why I'm worth another year.

As a 33-year-old,
  • I celebrated my 12-year wedding anniversary with Josh.
  • I've helped Oliver get through first grade and much therapy of different types.
  • I've let my reading and writing slide here toward the end, but I will get it back on track.
  • I've finished 45 books in a variety of genres. 
  • I've read a good bit of poetry. 
  • I've completed 5 journals.
  • I've worked to keep my blogs fresh.
  • I made almost 200 posts on my two blogs.
  • I've dressed just as I please. Nothing is too special.
  • I've managed to spend time with a new person, one of the few people who make me feel calm. I've been brave.
  • I've kept up with a therapist and a psychiatrist. 
  • I've taken my medication every day, no matter how often it changes and how the side effects change me.
  • I've shown up and paid a lot of necessary dental work. 
  • I went to my doctor for a physical and endured various tests (all is well) like a responsible adult.
  • I returned to the college where I used to teach because one of our dear former professors was giving a reading. I didn't know if people would remember or recognize me. I didn't know how I'd react to being at the site of some of my biggest failures. But everyone was warm and happy to see me, and it was a great day.
  • I've helped Josh a little with his humanitarian project.
  • I got to see my brother-in-law get married. And Josh and I danced!
  • I saw 8 musicals. 
That looks better than I expected. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment