Search This Blog

Monday, June 3, 2019

Some Top Blessings.

We are so blessed, and it's increasingly clear.
  • We have received assistance from family and the government that makes it possible for us to pay for Oliver's therapies, pay down debt, and not be anxious about money all the time.
  • Oliver's personality. He was a tiny baby (5 lbs, 8 oz.) who had dealt with terrible conditions in my belly. But he was bright and relaxed. He calmed me with his liquid navy eyes (now shifting to green) and his serene expression.
  • Miss Katie at occupational therapy. Oliver sees Miss Katie once a week for an hour. They work on such a variety of skills, and Oliver clearly adores her. She has told us that she just loves Oliver.
  • Our apartment. Oliver has room to move around, Josh's giant desk fits in the living area, and I have my desk and chaise in the guest room. The space is a relief.
  • Our library. We have a great many wonderful books. 
  • Brr Brr, a little English bulldog Beanie Baby I gave to Oliver when he was one year old. He was in love for years. He still dotes on Brr Brr sometimes, like on long car trips. It's the best gift I've ever given anyone.
  • My relative stability, when I have it. I have moments and even hours of being firmly okay. I even feel flutters of joy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment