Search This Blog

Thursday, June 27, 2019

My 34th Birthday.

I used to be particular about my birthday: celebration had to happen on the actual day. I've gotten over that, so my birthday spread into mid-June, both ways.

I get a beautiful card in the mail every year from my grandparents. They sent me a Target gift card for fun. Some time soon, I'll go on a spree and remember to tell Nanna and Grandpa what I bought.

Bruce and I have birthdays two days apart (and he's 3 years younger), so we celebrate once together. I focused on writing and Broadway's The Lion King for Bruce's gifts. He gave me a few journals (roses and mermaids) and several books he believed I'd like. I can't wait to read them all.

Josh gave me what I requested: an Urban Decay (my favorite fancy makeup brand) birthday. He gave me gel with large and tiny lilac glitter. He gave me UD's Game of Thrones eye shadow palette. I don't care much about G of T, but the palette is one of my favorites; only 3 of 20 shadows are matte. He gave me a Heavy Metal glitter liner in a new Christmas green. And he gave me two eyeliners--Viper, metallic purple with fuchsia glitter and Electric Empire, a sparkly emerald shade. I'm excited to try everything. I have used the palette and the eye pencils so far.

Mom mailed me a piece of sewing with a dark-haired fairy, a hydrangea in her hand and wild violets at her feet. I have it propped up on the bookcase by my bed. A couple of years ago, Mom gave me a framed drawing of a mermaid with dark hair and green eyes like mine. When we arrived in Charlotte, Mom gave me a gorgeous clear box with rainbow-haired mermaids. I wish I could find more. And heavy seahorse bookends. I love how seahorses just pop up in my life.

After our quiet trip, we saw Dad and Michelle, who gave us gift cards on top of giving us our first getaway. Michelle had a gift she kept forgetting to give me. It' a medium-length silver necklace with a silver circle with amethyst crystals hanging from it. My taste!

So I'm 34 now, some great new books and new makeup to play with along with other sweet objects and fun future shopping. It's a good start.


No comments:

Post a Comment