Search This Blog

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Week 2 as a Bold Reader.

I finished Dream Work. I want to get back to reading The Broken Way and the beautiful magazine Bella Grace. But that will have to happen next week because I've been focused on poetry this week.

While I was organizing my bedside bookcase, I found Long Division, a book of poems by my MFA thesis advisor, Alan Michael Parker. How have I not already read it?

I also found a large book of Donald Hall's selected poems. It was marked about 1/3 of the way through. I decided to read at least one DH poem per day. One more poem and one more poem add up to a book of poems.

Long Division has been my read-aloud bathtub book this week. I read several poems each day as I rebuild my reading muscles. I should finish the book tonight.

When I started the book, I reached into my sticky flag pouch and pulled out flags with the cowardly lion on them. This made me laugh. I've already used six of them (a lot for me) for my favorite images and lines. But I won't tell you what I flagged. You'll have to go get your own copy of Long Division and your own cowardly lion sticky flags.

No comments:

Post a Comment