Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 10.

This past week, I met my goal to fill 15 journal pages. I also posted to my blogs five times, two of them in WWG. I began reading The 13th Sunday after Pentecost, poetry by Joseph Bathanti, who taught us at ASU and became a friend. I finished reading Mary Oliver's Blue Horses and replaced it with Kim Dower's Last Train to the Missing Planet. Oliver and Dower have become two of my favorite poets. I think this is the last Dower book, and I don't have any more Oliver poetry though I do have a book of her essays that I intend to read.

I've read 10 books so far his year--on track! But I'd rather be ahead. My total books-read is 658. My goal is to reach 1,000 total books by the time I'm 40. It won't be easy, but I think I can rise to the challenge.

Reading is almost always both nourishment and challenge for me. Every finished book is cause for celebration. Writing is the same way.

I think my new medication is helping me. I sleep better, and reading is easier. Two of the best kinds of nourishment!

On a silly nourishment note, I've been craving PB&J. Josh makes a perfect sandwich--the right ratio of PB and J. I'm glad I'm craving something on hand and relatively cheap.

Oliver allowed me to read aloud from Felicity's Story Collection! I so want to read to him. It's a challenge, and I think it's good for both of us. I try to sneak it in. Maybe I'll try poetry next.

No comments:

Post a Comment