Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Some Favorites Right Now: Early Spring 2019.

I got these questions from various sources including Martha Stewart Living March 2014 (yep, I'm behind).

Indulgence: Jewelry bath bombs. They transform bath time. I love the scents and colorful foam, and the rings are a delightful surprise. I pass duplicates off to my best friend's sister. I mainly buy Fragrant Jewels, but I've bought from Charmed Aroma and Scented Treasures. I didn't know that I love black-gold tone.

Life-Changing Product: One is Revlon Colorstay foundation in Ivory. It's the palest shade, and I've been wearing it for over 20 years. It matches me and stay in place. When I was a tween and teen, I had terrible acne. Mom had pity on me and let me wear foundation (a shade lighter than hers). I then felt like I could leave the house and talk to my crush. It's still vital to my feeling safe in the world and courteous to the people who have to look at me. I once read that a celebrity said she covered her zits "to be polite." I love that.

Cheese: President brie. Sometimes, I eat it with crackers or tiny toasts. Sometimes, I just eat it. I also like mini Babybel Lite.

Wardrobe Staple: A stretchy, long black tank top. I often wear one under my clothes. It takes care of tops that are too sheer, too high in the back, or two low in the front. Not exciting, but useful.

Shoes: For a long while, I've been wild about glittery top-siders (Keds, Keds & Kate Spade, Big Buddha). I totally love them still, but I've also fallen for a reincarnation of jellies flats--pink, black, and gold with glitter. They are so comfortable and only $15!

Lip Color: My current favorite is Urban Decay's Ready? metallized lipstick. I don't even feel the need to hunt for more lip products. But I also love Fresh Sugar tinted balm. I'm not sure if I like Rose or Ruby more.

Go-To Gift: Probably candles, especially in scents like vanilla and peppermint.

Tech Gadget: My computer from my dad! I can watch movies on it, and I can actually unplug it and use the battery.

Dessert: Carrot Cake (no raisins, extra walnuts), plain cheesecake, German chocolate cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment