Search This Blog

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Tiny Treasures.

I have always been so fascinated with tiny items--Mom's fairy roses, a tiny set of blue speckled dishes (bowls the size of my thumbnail), and miniature M&Ms.

I remember having three tiny porcelain animals from a glass case at Hallmark. I have a fawn, a tiny duckling, ...and maybe a Siamese kitten (I'm not sure). I rubbed the fawns smooth ear to calm down. The fawn wasn't much bigger than a quarter.

I love tiny beads, sequins, and rhinestones. Star rhinestones are my favorite since Mom sent me to school witha blue one and the hope that a fairy lived in the star, so I wouldn't feel alone at school.

Sticky flags are satisfying in their smallness, especially if they come from Girl of All Work.

I love charms, especially interactive ones, like purses that open. I like wearing tiny earrings (when I'm not wearing dangly ones), especially seahorse ones.

I love tiny gel pens. When I was small, I went wild over a set of tiny colored pencils from Sanrio Surprise. The whole set was about the size of a book of matches.

I get especially excited when makeup samples look just like the full-size versions, just tiny. Benefit does this with Porefessional primers. Fresh does it with Sugar lip treatment. Urban Decay does it with eyeshadow primers. The reality is probably just that I want to play with dolls!

Have you had petite fours? They are tiny, frosted cakes. Harris Teeter made some for one of my birthdays at home.

I have a set a shot glasses that look like mason jar mugs. I don't know exactly why since I don't drink...I guess they were just so cute.

Doll clothes and accessories are just exhilarating. Tiny snaps on tiny faux suede shoes. A plaid green coat with hat and mittens. A nib pen smaller than a match.

I don't know why I continue to love tiny objects so much. But I think I will always love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment