Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 9.

I struggled with my pages this past week. I wrote little. I don't know why. Maybe more reading (perhaps concerning writing practice?) with nourish me enough that I can meet my weekly 15 pages (not counting prompt responses) challenge.

I did keep up with my blogs! I'm challenging myself to write weekly in WWG. 

I finished Louise Gluck's book of poetry House on Marshland. Those bath times with poetry bring renewal. I began Cluck's next book of poetry, Descending Figure.

Bruce and I started Vox, a novel in part about a time in which women may only speak 100 words a day. It's scary in the way Handmaid's Tale is scary, just not as bad (yet). We're flying through it, adding chapters to the number we've set for our next visit together. So the book is both challenging and nourishing in that it makes me think in new ways, and it makes me feel like a more capable reader.

For my movie of the week, I watched Lobster with Collin Farrell and Rachel Weisz. The cast caught my attention. The premise and content are bizarre. I don't know if I'd actually recommend it, but I'm glad I watched it.

The craving for Caesar salad continues. I went to Food Lion and bought a ready-made salad and a salad kit bag. That got me through a couple of days. Physical nourishment is a challenge for me right now, so I have to follow my cravings.

A piece of good news: I subscribed to Curology months ago, but I've been awful about remembering to use it...until this past week! And already, I have a more even skin tone, and my skin is clearer. I just have to keep up with the challenge of remembering to use it.

In so many ways, keeping up is one of my biggest challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment