Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 11.

This past week, Bruce and I finished Vox. It was an excellent novel. It's less severe but similar to The Handmaid's Tale. I gave it four stars on GoodReads. 11 books so far this year!

I fantasized about going to Carrabbas, either with Josh or by myself. But I didn't actually do it. I really miss that bread with herby oil and the almost-sweet Mezzaluna. Maybe it will happen soon.

Bruce and I went to Barnes for the first time in a long time. We like to check each bay in a section and check table displays to see how many of the books we've read. It would be an interesting competition with other pairs. We almost always find at least one book that one of us has read. Often, we find several. I think it challenges us--look at all these books waiting! I love the many ways we bond over books. That bond builds me up.

Josh took me to Sephora, where I covered my wrists in glitter. Later, Bruce asked if the remaining color splotches were bruises. No, just eyeshadow! Sephora (and Ulta too) makes me feel excited and free. One sparkly eyeliner can change a day.

Bruce and I finished what is available of American Horror Story and got back to The Good Doctor and SNL. It's a good mix of the sweet and the ridiculous, leaving me in a good mood.

It's nearly spring! I want to fill it with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment