Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 37.

This past week, Oliver turned eight! That seems crazy. Sometimes, I feel stunned because he is so perfect. I never get sad about this challenges (and the resulting challenges for Josh and me) for long because Oliver is just so happy. He smiles, giggles, sings, and jumps.

The first time I held him, he looked at me as if to say, "Don't worry, Mama. I'm okay, and you'll be okay."

We've used my dad's old backpack as a diaper bag of sorts for years. It's been on many adventures...it just needed some staples. But Dad sent us another! The pockets were stuffed with cards and little gifts for Oliver's birthday. I wonder what this new backpack will see.

I got sick (flu? depression?) and slept through most of Thursday. Sometimes, I have to let sleep nourish me, seeing it as a necessary tool rather than something lazy and selfish.

We saw the surgeon. You can read about the all that here and here. But the overview is that we're done with the surgeon and the stretches. I'll keep doing scar massages when it makes sense for my family. No more pulling him out of class, waking him in the middle of the night, or rushing through a session in the parked car. So that was a gigantic challenge to overcome.

I got so excited about The Politician, a new Netflix show starring the wonderful Ben Platt. I've watched three episodes with Bruce and Corey; I can't wait for more.

And on Saturday, the new Broadway season began at our theatre with Aladdin! I loved the sparkling costumes, the choreography (Disney seems to like throwing in a little tap dancing), and several new songs. Bruce had already seen it--on Broadway!

My dearest friend is facing something terrible with her mother, who is also my mother's best friend. We're all tied up together in this, hurting for each other and hurting alone. Pour out your prayers and love--whenever good you've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment