Search This Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2019

What I Love, Appreciate, and Admire about My Mama: Part 3.

41. She's highly observant.
42. She's always aware of my primary love language.
43. She's always been brilliant at balancing professionalism and sass in her clothes.
44. She introduced me to toast with butter and cinnamon sugar, often all I can eat when I'm sick.
45. When I first started teaching, she made sure I had clothes by lending or giving me some of hers, going with me to shop, and giving me essentials for Christmas (black blazer, black round-toe heels...).
46. She has great ambition that has morphed over time.
47. She wanted me even though she was very young.
48. She knows the names of most flowers.
49. She has fun with me at Ulta and Sephora. You could say we like makeup.
50. She acknowledges the presence of multiple or obvious problems by saying, "What feels heavy right now?"
51. She loves ballet.
52. She can dance. My brother and I jump in sometimes.
53. She has no trouble talking to anyone.
54. She went to Disney World with her cousin and brought back for me a pen full of pink crystals. Perfect.
55. I always bring this up, but she bought me a notebook when I was stuck without one on a business trip with my dad. I was maybe ten years old. I felt like I was drowning without a notebook. She saved me.
56. She appreciates fairies and mermaids.
57. Out of heartbreak, she made Pansy Cottage a sweet, lovely home for herself and James. I always felt lighter there.
58. She took care of Oliver, so Josh and I could disappear for a few days for the first time.
59. She takes her healthcare seriously.
60. She is physically strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment