Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 39.

Josh was off work last Tuesday, so we had some nourishing alone time.

One day, I felt so exhausted on multiple levels, so I mostly stayed in bed until it was time to pick up Oliver. I feel like a slug when I do that, but I know it's healthy for me. When my body is ready to shut down, it tells me so how ever it can. Sleep pours water on my overheating brain. So guess it's a kind of nourishment.

My reading seemed to improve. I read on my phone in the bathtub. I feel connection to words again. So I now have the challenge of reading to at least half (25 books) my annual reading goal. But really, if I'm in the practice of it, reading feeds me.

Josh and I celebrated 14 years together. Amazing.

We took Oliver to the dentist...a challenge. We ended up in a private room. Oliver was much more upset that he's been in the past. I think he was sick of people messing with his mouth. The dentist came in, and he was amazing. He was so quick with the little mirror...maybe 60 seconds. He said Oliver had no cavities and that he had some reattachment but still had good tongue mobility. He said he wouldn't do anything else to it. The end of stretching and massages! Before I woke up the next day, Josh had put away all the tools that were on our kitchen counter--gloves, gauze, bite block, all of it. I could take a deep breath.

Oliver still loves to shred magazines. I've gone through a lot of my backlog. I read or look at a magazine and then tear off pages for Oliver as I go.

The guys did some traveling, so I took care of their cats, and one decided to adore me again. The purring and nudges and belly displays seemed to slow down my heart and breath.

The guys also took me to see the new Maleficent movie. I liked it! It's just beautiful to look at.

Bruce and I went to Barnes and 2nd and Charles. I needed books to surround me. He gets that.

So that was a special week--more nourishment than challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment