Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

What I Love, Appreciate, and Admire about My Mama: Part 4.

61. She's fun to watch movies with movies with. As long as she doesn't fall asleep, she's well-engaged with the stories and characters, and we can talk about the movie afterward (I love talking about movies).
62. She asks great random questions.
63. She manages to enjoy some of my slightly questionable humor.
64. She's simply a knock-out. Don't protest, Mama. Everybody knows it's true.
65. She drives a big red truck.
66. She sometimes organizes her books by color as I do.
67. She sometimes asks me (me?!) for advice.
68. When I was pretty small and went to church camp, she sent me with little notes for each day. I treasure that memory.
69. She's so great that when I mention her to someone new, I bring the person up-to-speed with "My mom is amazing," "My mom can do anything," or "My mom is a magical person."
70. She took me to libraries.
71. When I failed a days-of-the-week spelling test and was utterly horrified, she glanced at the test and threw it in the backseat. There's that acceptance! That memory always fills me with hope.
72. She never makes me feel too old for what I enjoy, such and Disney princesses and glitter.
73. She encourages me in my friendships even if they aren't quite what she expected.
74. She has a talent for selecting wonderful birthday cards.
75. She appreciates rubber stamps.
76. She can sew and knit and all that!
77. She makes up songs on the spot.
78. She keeps art supplies in a hang-over-the-door shoe organizer.
79. She has "a room of her own" and has made it a magical place.
80. After the fire in my apartment building, the fire fighters gave Josh and Mom a few minutes inside to grab what they could. Mom grabbed a cup of my favorite pens, my makeup bag, and my glittery casual shoes. I felt seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment