Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2019

What I Love, Appreciate, and Admire about My Mama: Part 1.


  1. She is courageous, facing fear and heartbreak with all her strength and faith.
  2. She connects easily with children, whether or not she knows them.
  3. She has beautiful handwriting. It's soothing in a card from her.
  4. She has a wonderful facial expression when she's happily surprised.
  5. She has shared with me so many childhood books and series, such as A is for Annabelle, A Wrinkle in Time, The Chronicles of Narnia, A Little Princess, The Secret Garden, The Borrowers, and more.
  6. She simply has a great passion for reading, and she encouraged that in me, which of course completely changed my life.
  7. She enjoy sci-fi and has shared shows and movies with me, sometimes past my bed time!
  8. She homeschooled me for 7 years. She recognized that regular school was killing me, and she ignored the people who thought they knew better.
  9. She signs her name beautifully.
  10. She likes Patty Loveless.
  11. If I ask, I know she will give me the hard truth.
  12. I know her compliments and encouragement are genuine.
  13. We laugh together so much.
  14. She adopted rabbits!
  15. She makes this incredible crab dip. Just thinking about it makes me salivate, and I rarely salivate on my meds.
  16. She holds onto her childhood traditions like "Christmas Eve Gift" and tiny wrapped gifts in stockings.
  17. She's an amazing cook.
  18. She makes heavenly spaghetti.
  19. She always has some diet soda for Josh when we visit.
  20. We banded together during some of the worst times in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment