Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 21.

I've tried, but I haven't read much this week. Reading is one of the first joys and abilities I lose when all goes wrong. I did manage to finish Poisoned Apples. I love fairy tale retellings, and the poetry form was a brave idea. I replaced Poisoned Apples with Luckily by Kelle Groom. I think this is my third Kelle Groom book. Amazingly, I really didn't fall behind on my poetry reading.

Bruce and I are several--well, 15--stories into The Unreal and the Real. I'm enjoying it overall.

Josh is going to pick up The Haunting of Hill House at his college library for me. I need to get back to 'Salem's Lot. I'm so curious about what makes horror writing effective.

I only have a few more weeks in my YA focus. Mistress of All Evil (Maleficent) with my #5, but I'd like to try to get in one more book.

Soon, short story summer will be here. I'm looking forward to it. I'd like to read one or two volumes of Best American Short Stories. I have one, but Josh can probably find more at his college.

I'm trying to hold onto reading with both hands. I need it, and my family needs me to have it. Back to the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment