Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Marveling at What I Already Have.

I'm a collector. I make good use of my collection, but I need to make more of a habit of appreciating and using what I have.

When I started keeping a journal in earnest, I bought my journals one at a time and filled them in about two weeks. I had a fantasy of having dozens of journals to choose from at home--all styles, colors, and designs. Now, I have that. I'll buy a journal if it is very special, but I mostly just choose from a green bin with white polka dots under my bed.

I have enough reading material to last years, so a new book has to be pretty special. I love finding good used books. I have several $1.99 e-books that don't take up any room. Having books near me, even electronically, makes me feel calm.

As an older teen, I fantasized about having fancy makeup and many expressive options. I dreamed of colors and glitter. And now, I have so much awesome makeup. Putting on makeup is play time. I don't really need anything--only an unusual color or an intensity glitter finish will tempt me.

I have pens to last a year or more. Pens are essential, and new ones are always welcome. I just occasionally add pens here and there--maybe one red Stardust Gelly Roll. I organize my pens by color and use a pouch to hold the colors I'm using in my current journal. Right now, the pouch holds pink and green pens. I love organizing anything by color. I have pens in color-coded mugs all around the house, and the pens serve as a reminder of the writer I am and the writer I want to be.

I'm thankful for all I have in these areas. They are multiple dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment