Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 20.

This past week, I finished two books of poetry: The Beauty by Jane Hirshfield and Five Kingdoms by Kelle Groom. I liked both. I've replaced the books with American Primitive by Mary Oliver--I've wanted to read more of her work--and Poisoned Apples by Christine Heppermann. Kelle Groom and Mary Oliver are becoming two of my favorite poets. And Poisoned Apples is dark and drenched with fairy tales. It also has shadowed photographs.

Bruce and I are liking Ursula K. LeGuin's stories now. The book has 39 stories. I like talking about stories.

I've not finished the Disney Villains series, but I hope to this week. I definitely want to pack in some more young adult lit in the next month. I also want to read more magazines. I have so many, and they are soothing or inspiring without requiring much effort.

So many books are waiting for me, especially the Bible. My stack includes YA, horror, stories, and creative nonfiction. I want to make this a great reading wee. I need to practice focusing. Reading makes me myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment