Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Waste Not; Want Not: My New Makeup Bag.

Once I realized I wasn't going back to work, I brought my office supplies home. I had pretty upright desk organizers in teal and in white. I had the idea to use them to organize my makeup. So I stored eyeshadow palettes and brushes in these organizers on my counter and a nearby book (as in nail polish and bath products) shelf. My eyeliners are wedged in the corner of the counter in a tall Ariel mug.

I've been using a beautiful lilac and cream Snow White and the Huntsman bag to store everything else: blushes, highlighters, powder, eyeshadow singles, and so on. But the bag is a bit too small. I wanted a bag that would lie down flat and have more space. I couldn't find anything that was a good size. Sephora had some good bags, but they were expensive and sold out quickly. Plus, I simply didn't have money.

Several years ago, I made a big effort to bring joy to my work life. My desk was colorful. I ever ordered a lunch box from Pottery Barn Teen: chocolate brown with multicolored polka dots and Becky stitched in purple.


I thought it was a pity that I almost never used the lunchbox anymore.

Ding! It lies flat for easy access but also stands up to take up less room. The makeup stash is still unruly, but it's an improvement, and I'm not longer wasting a lovely object. As for the Show White bag, it now holds glitters (tubes, jars) on the bookshelf in my room.



No comments:

Post a Comment