Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Restoration: Week 17.

I've read 10 books of poetry this year, and that is restoring my connection to poetry. I usually read  3 poetry books at once, mostly during baths. I've found two new favorites: Mary Oliver and Kelle Groom. I think my reading the poems aloud transforms the experience and probably restores a little of my confidence in my voice.

I read two fairy-tale-derived books this past week. They restored my interest in fairy tales. I love retellings, but I also want to discover tales that are new to me. I love anything that restores my curiosity.

I went for 3 walks; I hope that is helping to restore my fitness. In the gym, I'm always checking the mirrors to see Josh using the equipment. When I walk with Bruce, we talk and laugh. So I think the walks restore relationships too.

Bruce and I spent time at Barnes and at 2nd and Charles on Saturday. The outings restored my awe in and craving for books. Which ones will I choose for my limited reading life?

We also watched a couple of our favorite shows: Lore and Electric Dreams, which will continue to restore my sense of wonder.

The week was nearly full.

No comments:

Post a Comment