Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 17.

I finished three books this past week! I read Felicity by Mary Oliver, a lovely book of poems. I'll definitely read more of her work. I also finished two books in a series focusing on Disney villains and how they became villains. I read both on my phone--Fairest of All (about the evil queen in Snow White) and The Beast Within (about the man before Belle). The second was better than the first. E-books are easy right now because Oliver loves to tear up books.

I'm adding Poor Unfortunate Soul as my current E-book and young adult pick. It's about Ursula, which I think will be fascinating. I replaced Felicity with On Beauty, poems by Jane Hirschfield. I've read so much poetry this year! Ten books so far! Poetry adds richness to daily life; I remember that from all the poetry I read in my MFA program.

I'm knee-deep in Psalms. Hope and fear alternate.

I've surpassed the total number of books I read last year. I need to read about 55 books a year to reach my goal of 1,000 total books by my 40th birthday. I hope I won't be cramming slim poetry volumes on the final night!

No comments:

Post a Comment