Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 26.

I haven't been able to call myself a bold reader for a few weeks, but I'm trying to get back there.

I did finish reading The Haunting of Hill House, which was creepy and well--written. I only knew Shirley Jackson from "The Lottery." When one work is so famous, I want to explore other pieces. I've also become fond of literary suspense.

I kept up with my poetry baths this past week. I'm reading a book by one of my former MFA professors Cathy Smith Bowers. I like reading the work of people I know. I ought to buy the books of some of my former classmates. Of course, it reminds me that I've not been a very bold writer.

I have a hard time reading if Oliver is with me. But I want him to see me reading. I hope he will be a bolder reader than I.

I need to get a move on with my short story summer. I've begun Stranger Things Happen by Kelly Link, whom I already like. But I feel stuck. How can I revive my reading? I'd still like to read a story each day of summer. I want to swim in stories!

So I'' recommit to being a bold reader who reads every day, reads a variety of genres, and approaches books with passionate courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment