Search This Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Luxury.

I wonder how much people differ in how they define and experience luxury. Here's a sample of luxuries from my perspective:
  • Leaning back in my chaise lounge while looking through an entire giant issue of InStyle from 2014.
  • Wearing four or more rings at once.
  • Sorting books by color.
  • Writing with a pen that has extra cushion.
  • Keeping one blue hydrangea in an Ariel cup on my dresser.
  • Eating brie spread and pita chips.
  • Having painted my nails (I hate the doing!).
  • Wearing Mom's green silk button-down to my poetry reading or wearing her red, lacey cardigan to work at Barnes and Noble on Christmas Eve.
  • Remembering that Mom gifted those two gorgeous pieces to me. 
  • Using a long dessert spoon.
  • Showering only to put on clean pajamas for the rest of the day.
  • Using bath bombs that fill my bath with glitter.
  • Cuddling with Oliver and breathing in his hot-sand scent.
  • Having lunch at Cinderella's castle (done!).
  • Eating Dippin' Dots ice cream.
  • Wearing a light swing dress in a great color like royal blue.
  • Enjoying a mild version of binge watching with Bruce (Currently: The Handmaid's Tale and Black Mirror).
  • Spotting wild violets everywhere as I walk in grass.
  • A big glass of 1% milk in the morning.
  • Ordering room service.
  • Reading for an hour or longer, completely absorbed.
  • Staying up late (past 9:30 p.m.!) with Mom.
  • Wearing a Betsey Johnson statement necklace that Josh gave me for our anniversary.
  • Getting anything happy in the mail.
  • Taking a nap with Josh while Oliver is at ABA.
  • Writing a letter at my white desk.
What feels luxurious to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment