Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2018

Who Am I Now?

Who am I going to be? I still feel a chunk of myself gone since I'm not teaching. That had become a big part of my identity. I miss the sometimes-subtle theatrical aspects of teaching. I try to fill that and use that energy for storytelling with my friends and family.

I push the writing and reading hard to preserve and cultivate those major parts of me. Who would I be with books? I can't imagine surviving. New purpose comes through all the meetings an paperwork I do to get Oliver what he needs. So I'm an advocate for him. I also have to advocate for myself.

The blog also helps me feel I have a purpose. If anyone enjoys or learns from a post, I've done something worthwhile for others. The blog is also fun--it's almost a playground.

I'm a mother and a wife, and usually, these all bit together and complement each other. Even pain gives me something to write. Every experience gives me some thing to write, whether it stays in my journal or I try to publish it.


No comments:

Post a Comment