Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Restoration: Week 26.

As Bruce would ask, how have I been honoring restoration this past week?

I bought two swing dresses (fitted at the top, relaxed through the body, and flared at the hem) from Old Navy for summer. They help me feel pretty and more at peace with my body.

Bruce and I watched three movies this past week! Movies almost always restore me. The first we watched was Lady Jane, one of my favorites. We also watched To Walk Invisible, a movie about the Brontës sisters. I hadn't seen it, but I was interested in learning more about the Brontës. They movie also reminded me that I have lot more Brontë work to read. And we watched A Quiet Passion, which I hadn't seen. It's about Emily Dickinson. All the movies were rather bleak but worth seeing.

Olive and I still have our morning dance party, usually to Pentatonix cover of "Cheerleader." Oliver also dances outside the door when I take a shower with music playing. Seeing him dance makes me lighter.

Journaling and blogging have made me feel more like myself--both the person I am and the person I want to be.

I finished one of my first literary suspense/horror novels, and I read dozens of poems. Reading is life support.

No comments:

Post a Comment