Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 27.

My reading was a little better this past week. I read Neil Gaiman's The Sleeper and the Spindle, which was short, but I'm counting it! Some of the illustrations were gorgeous. Reading a fairy tale retelling felt good, nourishing, even with the shadows.

I've been enjoying Just Like Someone without Mental Illness Only More So by Mark Vonnegut (yes, his son); I'm a little more than halfway through it on my phone. It's engaging: living with bipolar disorder from a psychiatrist's point of view.

I'm behind on stories. My informal goal was to read a short story for each day of the summer. But I just got a book of flash fiction on my phone: Small Fictions 2017. I began Kelly Link's Stranger Things Happen, but I'm not plugged in yet. I'll get there.

My phone is full of $2 E-books. Goodreads tells me when something from my to-read shelf is on sale. That's an awesome feature.

Bruce got back from a trip New York City, so we'll resume reading The Unreal and the Real--more stories.

I'm still trying to build up my reading confidence and stamina. I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment