Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2018

The List.

Every week in my journal, I make a massive list of what I need or want to do. The current list has 123 items. I know it's neurotic and weird. But I call it my To-Do Wish List because I don't express to cross off every item. My informal goal is to accomplish half of those small goals. The list helps me shape my days and the landscape of my mind. It gives me motivation and a sense of accomplishment as if someone is taking notice of my efforts. So what's on the list?
  • Reading at least one poem each in each of the three poetry books I'm reading. I check those off every night after my poetry-bubble bath.
  • Responding to prompts in my journal, usually five per week. I make up prompts or find them anywhere and write them on a blank page (or more) to respond to later. Many of these become blog posts.
  • Blogging five times a week.
  • Working on a stack of books. I list the books I've begun and simply try to work on each a little. This doesn't often happen.
  • Using my desk and my chaise lounge. I have these lovely pieces--a white secretary desk that holds notebooks, stationery, pens, ink...and a denim chaise that's good for reading and sticker play.
  • Reading short stories. I'm trying to read one for every day of summer this year, so the numbers are one my list.
  • Finishing books. I include the books I want to finish reading that week.
  • Writing at least two pages a day in my journal, whether the current journal is massive or tiny.
  • Exercise: three times walking, dancing, or swimming and three times floor work--small weights, yoga, ballet...I've not been very good with this.
  • Reading magazines, so Oliver can tear them up (his current obsession/self-soothing activity). It gives me an excuse to sit still with a magazine.
...and much more. Do you keep crazy lists?

No comments:

Post a Comment