Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2018

Curious.

Here are some examples of what lights up my curiosity:
  • What's in other people's makeup bags. What's cheap; what's a splurge? What's the organization, if any? What are the shades? What can I learn?
  • Past writing tools. How could people write novels or even long letters with pen and ink? What did current pens become common?
  • Ancient Egypt. What was education like? What were family relationships like?
  • Other people's diaries. Luckily, plenty are published, so I needn't snoop. But I don't know if I know anyone who keeps a diary regularly. What kinds of concrete details are in the diary, and what do they reveal?
  • Names of flowers and trees.
  • Parasitic twins. Whoa.
  • The relationship between books and the films based on them.
  • The tea-time tradition. I've been to high tea twice, but I'd like to know more.
  • Andrew Lloyd Webber. His memoir awaits me on one of the book stacks in my room.
  • Other people's hallucinations. What do they reveal, if anything?
  • What makes reading difficult for me.
  • Fairy tales. I need to stuff myself with them. So many cultures! So many shades of fantasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment