Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2018

Story Snippet: My Brother on the Stairs.

A couple of years ago, the boys and I went to Mom's house for a visit. The boys had recently been in a car accident, and Josh had a fractured rib.

We'd eaten dinner and were just talking at the table. Oliver went wild and up the small flight of stairs at the other side of the house. I went to get him, but with my socks on and the hardwood and Oliver's angry wiggles as I picked him up, I didn't think we'd make it down the stairs. I called out for Josh but remembered his rib. I called out for my brother, James. He was right there, no questions.

"Can you spot me?" I asked.

He came up the stairs and walked down backward, helping me hold up Oliver.

This is a moment I treasure. My brother was there, no hesitation, when I needed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment