Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 32.

I spent some extra time with Standing Water by Eleanor Chai and finished it. I'm replacing it with Wedding in Hell, poems by Charles Simic. With all my reading trouble, I've stayed in a pretty good habit of reading poetry. It's just part of my night. And I think my reading aloud ability must be improving.

I've been working on The Unreal and the Real alongside Bruce. Several books await my resumed attention. I'm still deciding which volume of stories I'll tackle next. Alice Munro, Kelly Link, Jojo Moyes, and Neil Gaiman are on the list. I'll probably also try another E-book edition of Best Small Fictions. Those tiny tales are surprisingly satisfying, especially when I read a batch at once.

I only have about a month left for my short story summer, which was my first season focus before I named the other seasons. I've read 65 stories so far! I'll finish short story summer and go right into fall memoirs and diaries. I like working with a focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment