Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 33.

This past week, Bruce and I finished reading Ursula K. Le Guin's rather large story collection, The Unreal and the Real. Bruce picked out the book not realizing how massive it was. We didn't love it, but I'm glad I've read some more Le Guin. Before, I'd only read Steering the Craft, a book on writing.

We started our next tiny book club selection, Midnight Disease. It's about the neurology of writing, especially hypergraphia and writer's block. I'm moving through it quite slowly. I'm the one who picked this one. I like the tone and the author's candor.

I've kept up with reading poetry. I don't retain much, but the images and sounds are lovely.

Next, we'll read Bruce's choice: Boy on the Bridge. But I think MD is likely to take a while. I hope it won't take three months like The Unreal and the Real did.

This week, I want to be a more focused reader, staying connected for longer that my current page or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment