Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Restoration: Week 33.

This past week, I finished a huge book of short stories. It intimidated me, but I got through it with Bruce. We started reading a book on the brain and creativity. Major topics include writing and bipolar disorder. It may end up being over my head, but I'm trying to repair and restore my reading practice and confidence.

Based on an insistent recommendation from my brother, James, Bruce and I watched Annihilation. It was strange and intense. James and I had a long phone conversation full of questions for each other.

I also started thinking about how one would write a horror story or a psychological thriller. How can one create that under-the-skin feeling? So maybe I'm restoring a little link to product (stories, essays, poems) writing. I feel like that part of my mind is slowly waking--lighting--up.

Oliver seems particularly bonded to me right now. It's different when Josh and I can't take turns with tasks like putting Oliver to bed. But Oliver's love restores and warms cold places in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment