Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Restoration: Week 30.

I'm hurting over the death of my mentor and friend, Kay. I had only read three of her six poetry collections, so I read another this past week, and that made me feel a little closer to her. I have the last two books waiting.

I finished an anthology of flash fiction, which felt nourishing. Short stories can have a certain kind of magic. I like the idea of writing a story every week--Ray Bradbury said something like after 52 stories, surely the writer will improve. Maybe next year!  I hope that reading stories will fill me with the desire and motivation to write stories.

Josh was home for part of the week, and I was grateful for that.

I started watching Girls, an HBO show created by the rather fascinating Lena Dunham. I checked out the show because Bruce is a fan of hers. I'm not going to recommend it, but I have enjoyed having a show to watch when I'm alone. I look forward to it. The first two seasons are free with Amazon Prime, and I started a seven-day free trial of an HBO subscription. So I have about six days to watch the remaining four seasons! Ha, we'll see how that goes.

I've also been enjoying my magazines. I have so many, and Oliver constantly wants something to shred, so I'm getting into the habit of reading a magazine in the evening. I'm enjoying that. And Oliver is so pleased when I give him a magazine. We've also continued to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment