Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Restoration Week 31.

Reading a lot of poetry is restorative for me. It reminds me of the power of language: to express, to explore, to communicate, to enchant.

Josh went back to work this past week. But before that, we decided to try a trampoline park! We had a great time jumping on the trampolines and into the pits of foam. We had an hour, and we were pretty tired by that point. I got quite a workout. Jumping on a trampoline used to be so easy!

I watched The Hours with Bruce at last. The cast is packed with talent. It's based on a great book of the same name. Going back and watching old favorite movies restores me, especially when I can share them.

And I talked to my brother on the phone for an hour! That felt great. He told me about a book, a movie, and a video game I need to explore. I think we'll always exchange those kinds of coping strategies. Shared illness has given us another kind of bond, which we can restore often.

No comments:

Post a Comment